Saturday, January 5, 2008

The First Trip to Alaska!

John arrived safely in Anchorage, AK on Dec. 20th after a three day ferry ride and three days on the road, then Christmas night I got to join him there! My initial impression of the place was BRRR... Actually I really can't complain, it's not that different from Spokane. It's cold but the land is beautiful, as you can see in the pictures. It was a great time and of course, I can't wait to go back!




The local moose, across the street from the favorite coffee shop!



Cross-country skiing at a park right in Anchorage, these trails are filled with bikers, runners, skiers, even horseback riders!
Notice John is covered in snow, I am not... he spent most of the time on the ground.


This is crazy!!

Mountains outside of Anchorage
The top of Alyeska Ski Resort: we took a tram to the top where they have a restuarant







2 comments:

Sarah Saunier said...

I am glad to see that you are blogging again! I loved seeing the pictures. It is beautiful. I am glad you got out of the Christmas slump. I understand exactly how you were feeling.

Taylor and Joanna said...

We are glad that you are blogging as well. We miss you!