Thursday, May 19, 2011

Radio Silence

We have big news on the home front...

We sold our house. Yes, it happened fast and it's been a whirlwind since. Last Wednesday a couple came by with a Realtor, took a look at the house and that night, they made us an offer. We spent the next two days in negotiations and by Friday, we reached an agreement. By Saturday, the home inspector came. And now all that's left is the appraisal and signing all the final paper work. Next Wednesday and Thursday, we have movers coming. By the 31st, we could be sailing away from Alaska. :(

I say "could be," because that part is still up in the air. Technically we are not allowed to leave until June 1st. Which is great, except that the next ferry leaves on June 6th, which is the exact day that John is suppose to be taking a final for grad school. So either the AF allows an exception and we leave on the 31st, or his professor lets him take his test a couple days early, or we have to leave later. The leaving later is not the end of the world, however, it would greatly cut into our plans to spend 3 weeks in Europe.

Oh yeah, that's the other thing we've been planning. We are hoping to catch a military flight to Germany, rent a car and drive down to Italy and spend a few weeks there, then get back to Germany, to fly out and be back to WA by June 30th, when John has to report to the squadron there. Whew!

Sometimes I feel we may be a bit crazy. I don't know, what do you think?

So, all that said, I may be entering into a time of radio silence. Not sure how long it will last. Possibly until life slows down, which will be never, so this may be my last post...

Just kidding, I'll be back...

Eventually...

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Um, you realize you will be needing to post all about your trip to Europe, right? I'll need (hopefully inspirational) details of "backpacking around Europe with a baby."

-Lisa

Julie said...

I agree with Lisa. And...as a PMAunt, I am hereby stating that the montly updates of Sydney shall continue or you shall face the PMWrath of a PMA. :) Just kidding. Sorta.

Kristen said...

Yes, well, I will do my best! I'm just saying, no promises. And of course, I will catch up!