Thursday, March 31, 2011

Fairbanks

The first weekend in March (yes, I know is the last day of March, better late than never), we headed up to Fairbanks; a trip we have been intending to take since we've lived here. During this time of year they always have an ice festival going on. It is also great place to view the Northern Lights (usually), and they have some hot springs that are good for warming the bones after a cold winter. So that was the plan, and we were successful on two of the three. It was really a fun weekend, there were 5 families that went (minus a couple husbands). All I can say, is that we have definitely made the effort to see the Northern Lights, and if we leave here without seeing them, I'm not going to feel bad, because I've really tried!

Here are some pics to recap the weekend.


Back side of Denali


Start of the Iditarod
(Sydney was not happy)


I realized after I started this post that most of the pictures from that weekend are on John's camera, which is in his possession right now! I guess you'll have to wait for Part II.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love the one where she's not happy. :) It's just so cute. I also like John's hat.