Thursday, January 27, 2011

Blogger's Block

As most of you know, I've never been very good at blogging. I thought, "well, what is so interesting about my life that it's worth writing about, maybe when I have a kid I'll have more interesting things to write about." Now look, here I am, six weeks and all I can manage to post is a few pictures here and there (granted, they are darn cute pictures). However, I realize that this problem all goes back to a conversation I had with my mom when I was around 4th grade...

I was laying in bed one night, listening to my mom and older sister having a real heart to heart. After they were done, she came in and said good night one more time and I expressed to her my concern that her and I never share our "thoughts and feelings." My next words will forever haunt me... "then I realized I don't have any thoughts or feelings to tell you."

So there you have it, I have no thoughts or feelings, therefore, I have a very hard time blogging. Actually, I have founds that I do have some thoughts and feelings (although my mom will never let me forget those words), but I still have a hard time expressing them.

In closing, I do have a few ideas that I hope to post as long as I get some time. But if you have any other ideas for me, I would love to hear them. Sometimes I just need a little direction.

On a side note: my sister is awesome at blogging and she had a great post the other day that you can read here.

And just because she's a sweet little angel, here's another picture:

4 comments:

Julie said...

Your post made me laugh a little. You do too have thoughts and feelings. However, it often takes a big dish of ice cream or a game of dutch blitz or a coffee to get them flowing. Or maybe you just prefer to share your thoughts and feelings in a less public place. Because if you don't have thoughts and feelings, what have we been talking about for hours over the last 7 years???? :) PS, I am totally going to make Sydney an Alias onesie.

Ramblings said...

Thanks for the shout-out sister. Very kind of you. You do have thoughts and feelings, you are just not as dramatic as I am when it comes to this stuff, which in turn makes me feel like super crazy girl. So if you ever feel like going crazy with your emotions, call me up.
PS-If you're interested, I would love to do a guest blog for you if you ever just really hit a block with those feelings. I have an idea in mind.

Lisa said...

Well that was a great story, what are you talking about? I don't even really know you that well and I liked it. :) I do most of my blogging about ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. :) (Well, obviously.) So I don't know if I have any helpful ideas. But really I think the blogs are nice to just share pics of your kid or funny stories / things that happen to you... at least for me, I like reading that because then I still feel close(r) to people I don't see as often. I take it probably a few steps too far and will write about whatever pops into my head. Honestly, you could do nothing but post pictures of your sweet baby and I bet you'd get a lot of comments because she's just that cute!
-Lisa

~Sue said...

Love the photo of Sidney. :)
Never feel you need to be a blogger of any particular kind or proficiency. We love when you share anything of your life. How about your let others ask a question and you answer via your blog? Love to you all.