Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Spring had finally Sprung!

Spring is finally here! This weekend it was 70 degrees and yesterday the trees seems to bloom over night! It's strange to think that with the coming of spring, school is almost out. Yes, just two more weeks, which is really one for me -- something tells me it's not a good idea to sub the last week of school. 
This past month has been a busy one for us. It seems that as soon as we think it is going to slow down, it doesn't! Or as soon as John thinks he'll be home for a while, he's not! Since February, he has been home a few weeks, gone a few weeks, and I suppose that is becoming our norm. While he's gone, I try and stay busy with jobs and work on little projects at home. Currently, I'm working on a quilt that I had planned to do last year. 
Apparently, I've missed a few months of blogging, sorry! But to catch you up...
March was full of visitors and volcanoes! Kelsy(sister) came to visit me during her spring break, which worked out to be a time when John was gone, so it was nice to have the company! We had a great time of catching up, snow shoeing, exploring and car breakdowns! I was very sad to see her go! When John got home, Kelsy left and his sisters, Sara and Ally, flew in! And in the midst of their visit, Mt. Redoubt finally blew! And blew and blew. It went on for a few days or months, because we are on watch again. We still did some hiking and a whale-watching tour! But sadly, the volcano did keep my dear friend Sarah from coming. She was the last visitor in the line, but hopefully she'll be able to make it up at a better time, once the volcano has gone back to sleep for another 10 years!
April has been busy with work and interviews! Since the second week of April, I've almost been working everyday! Which has been good, since summer is coming. I've also had three interviews. One was just the screening interview for the district, but the other two were for specific schools that I would love to get into! So we'll see. Now is just the waiting game. 
I'm going to have to post pictures later since I'm currently at work, I promise I'm doing my job! 

No comments: