Thursday, October 25, 2007

"I like reading your blog, but I have one request... You need to write in it more!" Sarah Saunier


Okay, okay I know I'm not very good at this!!! I've been told that I'm still in the 16th century when it comes to all the new technology stuff. I remember hearing something about our generation being remembered for the "you tube" revolution and I had just recently heard about it. Maybe it's true, I'm behind the times. But rightfully so, I was away from all this for a year!


This last weekend I had a reunion with my dear friend and partner in Sierra Leone. We finally got to re-attach the string we had between us for a whole year! Even if it was only just for the weekend. Sarah came up mainly to visit Quami, Massah and Eddie(it's okay, I know where I stand) but we also got to spend some good time together. It was weird to see her here because we've never really been together in the States at all. We were both so clean, and not sweaty, and we didn't have any children hanging off of us.



We met up with Sarah on Friday and took the kids to the Library in downtown Seattle(what a great library, I think I could spend hours there). It was a lot of fun and I think the first time the kids and Quami had ever been in a library. They had a great time reading all the books and trying to get us to read the books that were written in Japanese! Afterward, we went to lunch at Red Robin. Sometimes it is still strange to see these kids just walking down the street in downtown Seattle!



Saturday we went to the aquarium. When the Sierra Leoneans were in California for our benefit, they went to Sea World, so needless to say, the aquarium was not that exciting. But it's just great to spend time with them. They will be leaving soon, so I'll take all I can get!


It was great to catch up with Sarah and for all of us to be together. I must admit that all the Sierra Leone talk made me miss it a lot. Sarah is planning on leading a teacher team down in June and she's asked me if I would co-lead with her. I know this would be blast, but we'll see what happens.




This weekend we have our final benefit in Bremerton and then the benefit season is officially over! I'm excited for things to get back to normal, or maybe this is normal, I'm not really sure! My parents and Kelsy will be attending so I'm excited for them to see what I've been up to and to learn more about the other faucets of Children of the Nations.

1 comment:

Sarah Saunier said...

I came to Seattle to see you, just as much as I came to see the kids and Quami. And that is the truth.
I don't think that you need to see what happens. You are coming to Sierra Leone. I am going to be like Mama Angie and say in Jesus name!
It really was so much fun to see you and I am glad that you are going to be blogging more.